Thursday 10 June 2010

Babe, Terror



My friend Paul sent me some songs last year from a Brazilian dude called Claudio, recording under the name Babe, Terror. It's been described as a "tropicalia animal collective" and although I see where they're coming from with that (he's from Brazil and he uses looped vocals) I imagine that particular writer was pretty stumped for reference points. As am I...

To me 'Weekend', Babe Terror's debut album sounds like it could be a sequel to the Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack. A sequel where Deckard and Rachael flee to a post apocalyptic desert island... Morphine growing on the trees, the sea's laced with lysergic acid diethylamide and everything's pretty laid back.

You could download 'Weekend' off Claudio's Myspace a while back but I don't see it on there nowadays. Buy it though... seriously next level stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment